Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Month of Sundays

Today has been sooooooo long, and it's not over yet. It's been one of those days where the kids (Devon) are bouncing off the walls, and no matter how hard I try to keep them (him) occupied, it just isn't enough.

Earlier, I was on the phone when Devon walked by drinking a can of orange soda (they call it pop here, but it's still soda to me). That alone would be plenty, since the last thing that little hummingbird needs is a large dose of straight nectar. What was odd is the can looked as if it had come through a hailstorm, and Devon was slurping the soda right out the side.

Sigh. Devon, what happened to that can of soda? "I opened it the old-fashioned way." What's the old-fashioned way? "Like at Leoni Meadows." Huh? "You take the can, and throw it up in the air. Again and again and again. Then you drink it through the hole." Double sigh. Stop dripping on the carpet, Devon. We'll finish talking about this soon.

He wasn't finished. While looking for the game controllers (hmmm, I wonder why he couldn't find them???) he ran across Jack's old pepper spray in the top drawer of his dad's dresser. "My this looks fascinating," he may have thought, if indeed he thought at all. "I wonder if it will spray if I hold it upside down and push this little.....oh, shoot."

The house quickly filled with minute, sneeze-inducing particles. I'll give him this; he did come immediately and tell me what he had done. However, then he went to try and neutralize the scent by spraying bottle after bottle of Febreze, Old Spice, and Axe. By the time he was done, no one could breathe and we had to leave the house open till we were nearly frozen. I'm still snuffling like an upagus.

Tomorrow they'll be back in school. It's looking like a really good day for some bon-bon therapy.

Until my nose clears,
Noni Beth

1 comment:

  1. Never call it pop, that's just plain evil. Sounds like a fun day though ;)

    ReplyDelete