Friday, June 19, 2009

Troglodyte No More

Ever since I first laid eyes on my new bedroom last summer, I've had the itch to paint it. I'm sure the folks who turned it into a cave were very happy with the results, but it just wasn't me.

So after careful removal of all stalactites and stalagmites, yesterday I set out to paint.

Before:

Even the ceiling was dark. Once I got it painted white, the room began to look much brighter and less troglodyte-y.

During:
As I was painting the baseboard, a small, crab-shaped, and VERY indignant spider shot out from one of the cracks, sporting a festive glob of light green paint. He disappeared, muttering, and showed back up a while later. Clean...and still muttering.

He was there again this morning, just glaring at me.



After:


This doesn't do the lovely light-green spearmint color justice, but you get the idea.

Now all I need to do (besides pull the tack strips and staples out of the floor and paint it, ok, that's starting to sound like kind of a lot), is to find the perfect curtains so the room doesn't look this lovely and glowing...at 4 am.

Until the next adventure,
Noni Beth < - - - still green and white

No comments:

Post a Comment